7 Florida Slang Words To Sound Like A Local
If you’re spending some time in the state, you will want to know these Florida slang words to help you speak like a local. From great road trips to tasty burgers, as well as enjoyable cities like Miami, this is a state you will want to get to know a whole lot better.
Take note of these essential Florida phrases and you’ll fit right in – or at the very least, not be confused if somebody says one of these sayings! Want to learn just Miami slang? See Miami phrases here.
Here are 7 Florida Slang Words To Sound Like A Local
1. No see ums = Those annoying bugs that people have a hard time seeing!
“Ugh, I’m getting bitten alive by those no see ‘ums tonight!”
2. Jit = Usually a kid, but it can be anyone younger than you
Kids in the class below you? Jits. Your neighbours child? Jit.
3. We’re parked in Goofy = Meaning you have parked a very long distance from your destination
“We’re still about 10 minutes away, we had to park in Goofy!”
4. Sleep = To be missing out on something
“You are ‘sleepin’ – that club is hot!”
5. Wicked Up = Similar to “wasted”. Complete lack of the ability to form a sentence, or walk without assistance.
“Man you were wicked up last night! You okay?”
6. Buss/bussin = Good food, tasty food, DELICIOUS food
“That new tapas restaurant is bussin’!”
7. Bih = Person, place or thing
“What’s up what that bih?”
Where to stay in Florida?
Looking for the best hotels in Florida? Check out where to stay in Florida
How to get around Florida:
See the best car rental deals here.
Spending time in the state? Check out The 25 Best Places For Chicken Wings In Florida.