Denver Car Hire
Find the best deals in Denver
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Denver.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire in Denver
Denver International Airport (DEN) is located 23 miles northeast of Denver downtown and typically processes around 64 million passengers annually, making it the world’s tenth-busiest airport. It also covers a vast 53 square miles, making it the largest airport in the US and the second-largest in the world, next to King Fahd.
30 different airlines operate an average of 1670 flights daily from DEN ̶ it’s the second-largest base for United Airlines, a major base for Southwest Airlines and the main hub for low-cost carriers Great Lake Airlines and Frontier Airlines. There are non-stop services to 215 destinations across North America, Asia, Latin America and Europe, and the main terminal is named after aviation pioneer Elrey B. Jeppesen.
Sitting on the western edge of the Great Plains in striking distance of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Denver International Airport has a stunning location and it’s your launchpad for flights to destinations like Mexico City, Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, London, Atlanta, Zurich, Frankfurt, Munich and more.
Guide to Denver
The size and scope of DEN are staggering. Here’s the lowdown on a few fascinating facts and statistics:
- Denver International Airport’s most distinctive feature is its white peaked roof, designed as an abstract representation of the Rocky Mountains. It’s crafted from two layers of translucent, dirt-resistant layers of Teflon-coated fiberglass and is 126 feet above the terminal floor at its highest point.
- FAA Control tower was designed by Leo A Daly and when it was completed in 1992 it was the tallest structure in North America. At 33 stories and 327 feet high, it offers a commanding, uninterrupted view of all aircraft operations at DEN.
- There are six runways at DEN, with two running east-west and four north-south. They’re all discrete and enable multiple dual or triple landings to occur at the same time. The sixth and newest runway is the largest at 200 feet wide and 16,000 feet long ̶ it’s designed to cater comfortably for the world’s largest planes such as the Airbus A380.
- Construction of Denver airport was finally completed in 1995. The design allows for easy expansion whenever necessary, so by the time it’s at its maximum capacity it will be able to process an amazing 110 million passengers annually.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com