Baltimore Car Hire
Find the best deals in Baltimore
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Baltimore.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire in Baltimore
Baltimore/Washington Airport (BWI) trades on its modern terminal and facilities, low fares, easy parking, convenient car hire and ‘easy come, easy go’ reputation. Its full name is Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport but (thankfully) this is usually shortened to BWI Marshall or just BWI.
Located 8 miles south of Downtown Baltimore, this is the 22nd - busiest airport in the US, processing 11,200,000 passengers annually according to the latest statistics. Named after the first African American person to serve as an Associate Justice on the US Supreme Court, Thurgood Marshall, BWI serves populations in Philadelphia, Harrisburg and Richmond, as well as Baltimore and Washington.
BWI connects with several domestic and international locations, such as Seattle, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Toronto, San Salvador, London, and Frankfurt, with carriers including Air Canada Express, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines.
Facts about Baltimore Airport
BWI Marshall Airport is impressive in more ways than one. Here are a few interesting facts on this dynamic transport hub:
- The ground which BWI is built on was purchased from Friendship Methodist Church in 1946 and when it was dedicated in 1950 by President Harry Truman, it was named Friendship International Airport.
- The Airport was renamed Baltimore/Washington International Airport in 1973 to make it more attractive to travelers from the Washington Metro area, it expanded rapidly throughout the 70s and 80s and has continued to grow at an impressive rate until the present day, setting an annual record of 27 million passengers processed in 2018.
- There are five concourses at the airport and 73 gates. All the international gates are contained in concourse E.
- Baltimore Washington Airport’s cargo facilities include the huge Midfield Cargo Complex, a Foreign Trade Zone where commercial goods from anywhere are subject to the same customs rules as if they were outside the US commerce jurisdiction.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com