Atlanta Car Hire
Find the best deals in Atlanta
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Atlanta.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire in Atlanta
- Atlanta is the capital city of Georgia, one of the 50 states in the United States of America. It is also the most populous city in Georgia, home to almost 500,000 people, which gives it a spot in the top 40 most highly-populated cities in all of America.
- It is known as the culture-capital of the south, revered for its music scene and the impact it has had on hip-hop and rap music. Brilliant music venues are scattered across the city, with festivals like the Shaky Knees Music Festival and bars like Eddie’s Attic ready for you to experience both big names and up-and-comers.
- Atlanta is primarily served by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), named after two former mayors of the city, and can be found about ten miles south of Atlanta’s Downtown district. It is easily accessible via interstates 20, 75, 85, and 285. The airport hosts almost one million flights annually, and of these, many of them are domestic: it is a major travel hub for the South-East of America.
- With more than 35 million visitors annually, Atlanta is the seventh-most visited American city, and it is the twelfth most popular destination for visitors from overseas.
- The road laws and regulations of Atlanta are mostly in-keeping with those of the rest of the United States. Namely, do not use a mobile phone while driving, you cannot overtake school buses, be aware of numerous toll roads, and on roundabouts it is drivers to the left that have the right of way.
Guide to Atlanta
The Centre for Puppetry Arts is one of the many free attractions available in Atlanta, and it also epitomises the exciting variety of the cultural offerings the city hosts. Found in Midtown, the centre has the familiar faces of the Muppets and Sesame Street, as well as exhibitions on other famous puppets and a number of shows. The Atlanta High Museum of Art showcases a diverse selection of art, with origins that are American, European and African, with more contemporary works also displayed. With numerous offers and discounts available throughout the year, Atlanta remains a great city on a budget. You can purchase the Atlanta City Pass to get discounted admission to some of the most exciting attractions, such as the Georgia Aquarium and the College Football Hall of Fame.
Nature and wildlife
To get in touch with nature and the wildlife of Georgia, take a walk or a hike in one of the state parks, or visit one of the animal attractions. The Wild Adventures Theme Park is an animal park, theme park and water park all in one, giving visitors the chance to see Asian elephants, black bears, feral hogs and a number of other exciting animals in between riding exhilarating rollercoasters or slipping down looping slides. Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary is an uplifting place to see animals cared for in the way they should be, and there are multiple tour options giving you a look behind-the-scenes with various additional perks available depending on the package you buy. With a mission to provide a home for animals in need, visiting the sanctuary will let you see the animals while also supporting the invaluable care they receive.
A vibrant and bustling city
Atlanta also boasts a wealth of beaches and parks as a relaxing getaway that are all in driving distance. Margaritaville at Lake Lanier hosts an entertainment complex with plenty to do if you like an activity-packed day, with snow tubing rides and a snow play area in the winter, and boat rentals on offer weather permitting. One of many options, Don Carter State Park is the newest offering, and the first state park on Lake Lanier, giving it beautiful views across the water. A brilliant destination for those wanting a day on a boat, on a hike, and in the water.
An incredibly popular theme park across the United States of America, Six Flags has a number of locations in Atlanta. Six Flags Over Georgia has plenty of thrill rides to appeal to all the biggest adrenaline-junkies that visit, and can be found west of the city. If slides are more your thing, head twenty miles north-west of the city to find the water park, Six Flags White Water. Legoland Discovery Centre will excited kids of all ages and make for a lovely family day out, with Merlin’s Apprentice Ride, Kingdom Quest and the Pirate Adventure Island just a few of the treats they have.
With so much to do and see, take advantage of some of Atlanta’s tours so that you don’t miss the best of the best. Atlanta is a popular destination for tv and movie crews, and you can see all the most famous locations on the Atlanta Movie Tours. The Georgia Aquarium Tour will help you get to the most exciting parts of Georgia’s premier attraction, ensuring that you make the most of your visit.
Eating out in Atlanta
Southern food has a global reputation for being delicious, so here are some recommendations so that you can see the best of Atlanta’s restaurants.
Gunshow is a unique and innovative restaurant that brings you a creative dish to see if it takes your fancy. If not, more will be on the way! Although not a destination for groups with a tight budget, it is an exciting and new way to indulge for your dinner.
Southern food is all about barbecue, and Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q is a great way to tuck in. A dream come true for all meat lovers, you can even purchase their tasty sauces and rubs to help make your own barbecue even better. Try the slow-roast ribs and pulled pork.
Heirloom Market is an affordable go-to for this amazing Korean BBQ fusion food. Insanely popular, it isn’t always the easiest place to go to, with little seating and a hectic parking situation, the food is worth it – the best might just be the Korean pulled pork sandwich, spicy and fresh.
For a fully authentic experience of Atlanta’s food, and to see a restaurant that has drawn the likes of presidents, sporting legends and actors in droves, alongside locals that have declared it to be an institution of the city, head to Busy Bee. Their fried chicken is truly food for the soul.
Meat may be a staple of many Atlanta restaurants, but there are great vegetarian and vegan choices as well. Herban Fix is a vegan kitchen with bright décor and a fusion menu that is bold and delicious. Enjoy the brunch buffet or go for dinner and taste the curried rice noodles.
Car Hire in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
Atlanta International Airport has a dedicated and consolidated Rental Car Centre (RCC). It is in operation 24/7, and accessible from the airport via the SkyTrain, which is described as an electric-powered automated people mover system, connecting the Rental Car Centre to some of the airports parking facilities and the airport itself. Alternatively, an International Terminal Shuttle is also available every fifteen minutes for a service between the International Terminal and the Rental Car Centre. The car hire agencies on offer at Atlanta International Airport are; Advantage, Airport Rent a Car, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, EZ, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Sixt, and Thrifty, giving customers plenty of choice.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com