York Train Station Car Hire
York Train Station Car Hire
Car Hire At York Train Station
York Train Station is on the East Coast Main Line and connects York in North Yorkshire to the rest of the nation.
The station is situated roughly half way between London and Edinburgh and is an important junction linking major train companies like LNER, TransPennine Express and CrossCountry.
When it first opened in 1877, York was the largest station in the world and while it doesn’t currently hold the same title, it still has a respectable 11 platforms, most of which are covered by its elegant glass and wrought iron roof.
It’s currently undergoing a major refurbishment project which will include new gents and ladies toilets, a new first class lounge, a new travel centre, improved shops and accessible baby changing rooms.
Renting a car at York Train Station is simple with Enjoy Car Hire, but here are a few highlights to look out for before you hit the road:
- The station is open 5:30AM - 9PM Monday to Friday, from 5:45AM - 9:00PM on Saturdays and from 7:30AM – 9:30PM on Sundays. Ticket machines are also available throughout.
- Facilities include shops, telephones, a post-box, a station buffet, ATMs, toilets and Wi-Fi.
- The station is accessible, with step-free access throughout the complex, ramps available for train access, an induction loop and an adapted booking office counter.
- Things to do in or near York station include having a refreshing beer or cocktail at The Tap pub within the station (provided you’re not the designated driver!), visiting the National Railway Museum to see the world’s fastest steam train, The Mallard, and walking along York City Walls while you enjoy the view over the city.
- If you’ve got time to spare, visit Bettys tea room for a traditional high team complete with mouth watering cakes and freshly bakes scones with lashings of cream and jam – all served in a wonderful room with a ravishing retro vibe.
Car Hire Operators at York Train Station
There are several trustworthy care hire operators available at York Train Station and Enjoy Car Hire always finds you the best deal. Here’s a little more information on two of the most prominent providers, Europcar and Hertz:
- Established in Paris way back in 1949, Europcar is now a global car hire organisation with a focus on customer care and a footprint in practically every international market. York Train Station car hire packages from Europcar typically feature components like 24 hour assistance, free cancellation up to 48 hours before the start of rental and theft protection.
- Hertz is another global car rental operator of truly global scope. With 10,200 franchisee locations worldwide, it’s a huge enterprise, yet it’s never lost track of its commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction. At York Train Station, you can hire cars like the Hyundai i10 and Vauxhall Astra from Hertz.
York Train Station is your gateway to York, Yorkshire and the rest of England. With Enjoy Car Hire, you can book your ideal car for a reasonable price and roll into your next adventure.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org