Scotland Car Hire
Find the best deals in Scotland
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in the Scotland.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire in Scotland ̶ Low-Cost Caledonian Deals
Mesmerising mountains pitted with purple heather, gorgeous dappled green glens and legendary lochs (that might just harbour monsters) characterise Scotland, a constituent nation of the UK which has been voted the world’s most beautiful country several times by popular and critically acclaimed travel publications.
And if you’re a Scot or a regular visitor from elsewhere in the UK (or anywhere else!) you’ll know that Scotland’s cities also have considerable charms for locals and incomers alike. There’s elegant Edinburgh with its volcanic castle rock and elegant new town, gallus Glasgow with its welcoming ambience and lively arts and culture scene, and dynamic Dundee with its design credentials and spectacular V&A museum. Meanwhile, Aberdeen has its its golf courses, beaches and dramatic coastline, pretty Perth has undulating countryside and dense forests and inspirational Inverness is a launchpad for the Highlands with lovely laid-back vibes.
From fascinating historical sites to contemporary pubs and clubs and international arts festivals to weird and wonderful local traditions, Scotland really has it all and it’s brought alive by its people, with their dry but mischievous sense of humour, captivating creativity and natural charm.
Whether you’re taking a Scottish staycation or planning a business trip with colleagues, Enjoy Travel offers you a wide range of vehicles to meet your needs, with everything from a mini-sized Toyota Aygo to an easy driving Ford Fiesta and a spacious Skoda Octavia to a sporty Hyundai Tucson available in a few clicks.
When you need fast, reliable, low-cost car hire in Scotland, book ahead with Enjoy Travel for total satisfaction.
What car types are on offer and how do I compare them?
From scooting through city streets to long adventures meandering around loch shores and over hill and glen, Scotland’s terrain is as diverse as it’s delightful. This fact, combined with the particular makeup of your travel party, means that you’ll need access to a car hire fleet with lots of different types. Find out more about our Scottish car hire offering right here!
The smallest of the car hire types, Scots would call mini-sized vehicles ‘wee cars’. Ideal for easy parking in urban areas and robust enough for solo travellers and small families, mini cars like the Fiat 500 are nippy and manageable for the majority of drivers.
Looking for fuel efficiency when you’re completing that bucket list North Coast 500 road trip in Scotland? An economy car like a Ford Fiesta is a fab choice and it’s comfortable as well as affordable and reliable
Traditionally a little larger than economy cars, compact vehicles can seat five in reasonable comfort and they’re a popular choice for families with growing kids. Picture a Ford Focus and you’ve got a typical compact car.
Plan on tackling some world-famous Scottish golf courses in St. Andrews, Angus or Aberdeenshire? A standard car provides a little more legroom and space to throw your clubs in the boot while you complete your golf marathon.
Intermediate & full-sized
Intermediate cars can be saloon or estate styles, but either way, they’re roomy, stylish and allow you to explore Bonnie Scotland in air conditioned comfort. A Kia Optima is a great example of a quality intermediate car, but there are many more.
Want to cruise down Edinburgh’s swish George Street in a ride that’s a little bit special? Premium vehicles like the Range Rover Sport BMW X3 and Mercedes S 350 look the part and make passers-by purr like kittens.
Available in slightly different shapes and sizes, SUVs have elevated driving positions and a rugged, robust nature that makes them popular with anyone who appreciated the great outdoors in Scotland, as well as urbanites who want a robust car which feels like a safe family ride. Examples include the Kia Stonic, Peugeot 2008, and Vauxhall Crossland.
Minibus, 7-seater & 9-seater
Exploring the highlands and islands with a larger family group? In that case, a minibus-type vehicle could be the most convenient choice. With various options seating 7 or 9 passengers in comfort, this is a great type for a group adventure and popular models include the Vauxhall Vivaro, Renault Captur and Citroen C3 Aircross.
As you can see, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to car hire types at Enjoy Travel and if you can’t decide, we’re happy to chat over your options and help you make the wisest choice.
Top Tips for Scotland Car Hire
If you’ve not driven in Scotland for a while or it’s your first time north of the border, take a look at the following trouble-free tips for a smooth car hire experience:
- Book ahead if you want to bag the best Scottish car hire bargains ̶ you can still find good deals at the last minute, but you might not get your first choice of vehicle.
- If you want to spend your Scottish staycation at several different locations, one way car hire is a convenient way to keep on schedule and see as much as possible with the time you’ve got.
- Hiring a car with GPS can be a good idea, especially if you’re navigating rural roads and exploring isolated spots. You can also tune into BBC Radio Scotland on your car stereo or (hands free) phone for the latest news, weather, traffic updates and music.
- Rural roads in Scotland can be narrow and winding. Some are even single track but there are often passing places which you can access if you proceed with caution. Please also look out for rockfalls and livestock like sheep and wild animals like deer crossing your path.
Top Tips when hiring a car in Scotland
● A big number of users encountered rental cars in Scotland for less than £55 per day.
● Booking your rental car in Scotland in advance even if it's by at least 1 day before your trip ensures you'll get cheap car hire deals.
● The cheapest car hire company offers can be found within the Edinburgh Airport and Inverness Airport. In general airports offer the best car hire deals and a wide variety of the best car hire company desks right inside the arrivals terminal.
● Other popular car hire locations in Scotland include the city centre of all major cities.
● Mini hire car models in Scotland are cheaper and more popular than other vehicle types.
● If you're planning a trip to Scotland, hire a cheap car rental to explore the stunning scenery and historic landmarks. These include the Cairngorms National Park, Fort William, Loch Lomond and all the white sand beaches.
● To explore Scotland means to explore Scotland's west coast. The jagged west coast is truly a sight to behold and is easily accessible by car with several petrol stations along the way.
● If you're traveling in a big group it's recommended to go for a van hire among the hire cars available to you.