Luton Airport Car Hire
Find the best deals in Luton Airport
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Luton Airport.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at Luton Airport LTN
Luton Airport (also known as London Luton Airport or LTN) is Britain’s fifth-busiest and processes 16.8 million passengers per annum – it’s located east of Luton in Bedfordshire and 28 miles north of central London.
With partner airlines such as easyJet, El Al, Ryanair, Sun Express, TUI Airways, Vueling and Whizz Air, it connects passengers to a huge range of exciting destinations, including Amsterdam, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Copenhagen, Paris, Munich and Ibiza.
Bedfordshire is a beautiful country to visit – hop in a car at LTN and you’ll soon be rolling through stunning countryside scenery complemented by cool rivers, verdant valleys and sprawling wildlife parks like Woburn Safari Park, where you’ll meet tigers, lions, rhinos and more!
The bright lights of London are only a short drive away and from here you can explore the rest of the south east, which enjoys Britain’s best weather and has scenic coastlines, bustling seaside towns and charming villages.
Trusted LTN car hire companies like Easirent, Green Motion, Keddy and Alamo can offer you great value rental packages that include free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the rental period starting, third party liability and 24 hour assistance.
And you’ll easily find the ideal vehicle for your plans, whether that’s a compact Fiat 500 perfect for nipping around city streets, a mid-sized Vauxhall Astra that’s comfy for longer journeys, or a premium Mercedes C-Class saloon that allows you to cruise the length and breadth of Britain in complete confidence.
Renting a car at Luton Airport with Enjoy Car Hire is easy – drop your details in our search facility and you’re served up with a choice of fantastic deals in a few seconds.
Luton is strategically placed for exploring London, the south of England and the rest of the UK – we can help you get on the road and unlock this gateway to Great Britain.
Driving in and around Luton Airport
Driving from Luton Airport to central Luton is child’s play – simply take the Kimpton Road/A505 and you’ll be there in around six minutes or alternatively, take Vauxhall Way/A505 and Crawley Green Road, which still gets you there in under 10 minutes.
Getting to London from Luton is easy too – just take the M1 south and you’ll be there in under an hour, or go via the M25 and A40 which takes slightly longer.
Speed limits in Luton are 48 km/h limit in built-up areas, 96 km/h on single carriageways, 112 km/h on dual carriageways and 112 km/h on motorways.
You drive on the left in Luton, as you do everywhere in the UK, and the same highway code applies here as across Britain – find a copy here to peruse before you get behind the wheel.
Here are a few more tips on driving in Luton:
- Drivers and passengers must wear seatbelts in Luton if they’re fitted in your vehicle. Child seats have to be fitted properly to keep kids safe whenever you travel, while a restraint can be used for any child under 1.35m tall and under 12.
- Holding your mobile phone to make or take calls while driving is illegal in Luton, as it is across the UK, but you can use a hands-free system.
- While driving in the UK, you should carry your passport (or other photo ID), and your driver’s license. All EEA driving licenses are valid in the UK, and if you’re arriving from elsewhere, you can check this UK government guidance to confirm that your license is acceptable.
- As you probably expect, the drink driving limits in England are very strict and, apart from the obvious danger to yourself and others, breaking them risks severe legal penalties. The safest policy is not to drink at all if you’re planning to drive, even if your journey is the next morning.
- Traffic around Luton can become congested – check the AA Luton Route Planner for real time updates on traffic jams, road closures, roadworks, general incidents and weather hazards.
Guide To Luton And The Surrounding Area
It’s fair to say that Luton probably isn’t well known as a tourist location in itself, but this is a little unfair because there are actually some awesome attractions there and in nearby areas in Bedfordshire. So before you head off to explore the rest of England and the UK, build some time in your itinerary for the following excursions:
- Luton Town Football Club are known as The Hatters. If you happen to be in town when a fixture is scheduled, grab a ticket and cheer them on – you’ll probably learn some colourful chants while you’re at it!
- Want to unwind in the lap of luxury? Stay at Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf & Spa. This opulent five star facility features a Grade I listed main building nestled in beautiful formal gardens, has 1000 acres of parklands, a 50-acre lake, a high-class spa and an excellent golf course. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh spent part of their 1947 honeymoon here in one of the State Rooms.
- The Greensand Ridge Walk at Leighton Buzzard is a scenic 64km trek that takes you right across Bedfordshire, with a couple of scenic detours into Buckinghamshire and Cambridgeshire. If you’re spending a few days in the vicinity and are in reasonably good shape, you can attempt the entire walk, but it’s split into five more managebale sections that only take a day each. You’ll pass rolling hills, luscious valleys and encounter all manner of magnificent fauna and flora.
- For something less sedate, try Twinwoods Adventure multi-activity centre – mind-blowing activities here include indoor skydiving, indoor shooting, indoor surfing, a soft play centre, escape room, health club and bar and grill. From LTN, this eclectic adventure is only 40 minutes north via the M1.
- For something completely different, how about glamping at Whipsnade Zoo? You’ll sleep in the Lookout Lodge, surrounded by wolves, white rhinos, reindeer and many other creatures, before enjoying a lip-smacking hot breakfast and being treated to a special tour of the zoo. For a unique experience that you’ll never forget, this takes some beating.
- If you like Asian food, you simply must try Nakorn Thai Restaurant in Luton’s Wellington Street. Founded in 2005, it’s since become a bit of a Luton institution and it serves over 100 authentic Thai dishes. The Thai Green Curry with coconut milk and bamboo shoots is to die for – match it with chicken, beef or prawns, sticky rice and a Chang beer for a magnificent meal.
- The Stockwood Discovery Centre is another fantastic day out in striking distance of Luton. It boasts amazing gardens, a huge carriage collection and many interactive exhibits. There’s also a dedicated children’s play area, an inspirational walled garden that include a sensory garden, walled garden and medicinal garden. Ram-packed with amazing artefacts dating back millennia, by the time you leave you’ll know much more about this history of Bedfordshire and its people, from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Yearning for a spot of retail therapy? Head to The Mall, Luton’s favourite shopping centre. You’ll find a huge range of stores to browse and buy, including family jewellers Beaverbrook, Debenhams, Flying Tiger, Footlocker, Lush and TK Maxx. Once you’ve scratched your shopping itch, let your plastic cool down while you have a bite to eat at Burger King, Costa or Chopstix.
- If you love jazz and blues, don’t pass up a night out at The Bear Club at Mill Yard, Guildford Street, Luton. It’s an intimate live music venue with an amazing atmosphere that has to be experienced to be believed. There’s a fine selection of beers, wines, spirits and cocktails and although it’s mainly an aimed at adult music fans, older children can attend provided they’re accompanied by parents – the proprietors are keen to share their love of jazz and blues with the next generation of live music fans.
Who would have thought that there’s so much to do in Luton and Bedfordshire? From live sports, music and fine cuisine to luxury wellbeing resorts, and stately homes to zoos, safari packs, museums and shopping centres, you’ll be so busy here that you might even forget about moving on to London!
As you can see, this is an area with activities suitable for solo travellers, couples and families – you’ll never be bored here. Rent a car at Luton Airport with Enjoy Car Hire and you can enjoy Luton and the surrounding area under your own steam, embracing the freedom of the open road and the convenience of travelling to your own timetable.
Top Tips when hiring a car in Luton Airport
• Explore Luton Airport Car Hire Options: When flying into London Luton Airport, car hire options are available and many at the airport's car hire centre to find the best deal for your needs.
• Book in Advance: Secure your hire car in advance to access the best car hire deals and ensure availability, especially during peak travel times.
• Compare Prices: Look for competitive rates and find cheap car hire deals at London Luton Airport. Utilize online platforms to compare prices from different car rental companies.
• Convenient Car Hire Centre: Take advantage of the car hire centre at Luton Airport for a convenient and centralized location to pick up and return your rental car.
• London Luton Airport Exploration: If your travel plans include exploring London or the surrounding areas, hiring a rental car at London Luton Airport provides flexibility and convenience.
• Rental Car Centre: Familiarize yourself with the location of the car rental centre within the airport to streamline the process of collecting and returning your hire car.
• Enterprise Rent a Car: Consider Enterprise Rent-A-Car for your car hire needs at Luton Airport. Verify their available car hire options and any exclusive deals they may offer.
• Free Shuttle Bus: Some car hire companies provide a free shuttle bus service to and from the airport's terminal building. Check if your chosen rental company offers this convenient service.
• Bay C and Terminal Building: Take note of the location of Bay C within the car hire centre and the proximity to the terminal building for a smooth pick-up and drop-off experience.
• Ensure you have a valid driver's licence before picking up your rental car. Most car hire companies at Luton Airport will require a valid licence.
• Best Car Hire Deal: Invest time in finding the best car hire deal that suits your budget and travel plans. Compare not only prices but also the terms and conditions of different rental companies.
• Car Rental Options: Explore the range of car rental options available, from compact cars to larger vehicles, based on your preferences and the nature of your journey.
• London Airport Travel: If your plans involve traveling to other London airports, check the feasibility and any additional surcharges associated with inter-airport travel.
• Hire Car Deals: Keep an eye out for special car hire deals, promotions, or discounts offered by various companies at Luton Airport.
• Hire a Car for Flexibility: Having a rental car allows you the flexibility to explore the region at your own pace. Consider this when planning your itinerary.