London Waterloo Car Hire
London Waterloo Station
With over 90 million passengers passing through it each year, London Waterloo Train Station is the biggest and busiest in the UK.
It’s the most convenient station choice if you want to visit places in the south and south west of England like Windsor, Southampton and Portsmouth – and if you haven’t been before, you might recognise its elegant interior from an all-action scene in the Matt Damon thriller The Bourne Ultimatum.
First opened in 1848 by the London & South Western Railway, it was originally named Central Station and at that point had just six platforms. A major redesign commenced in 1899 and by the time it finished 20 years later, Waterloo’s spacious concourse and attractive Georgian and Edwardian architecture was much admired by locals and visitors alike.
You can easily rent a choice of cars at London Waterloo train Station and the following information will stand you in good stead while you’re there:
- Opening hours are 4:30AM-1:05AM Monday to Friday, 4:30-1:35AM on Saturday and 5:30 1:05AM Sunday.
- The South Western Railway ticket office opposite Platforms 16-17 is open 24 hours, but there are convenient ticket machines throughout.
- There are men’s and women’s toilets and baby changing facilities opposite Platform 19 and an accessible toilet opposite Platform 19 and through the exit 3 arch on the left.
- There’s a wide choice of food, drink and shopping outlets in this expansive station, so there are plenty of opportunities for retail therapy.
- Take a stroll from Waterloo Station and you’ll soon reach iconic landmarks like Westminster Bridge, the South Bank, The Old Vic theatre and the London Eye.
Car Hire Operators - London Waterloo Train Station
If London Waterloo Train Station is your launchpad to further adventures in the British capital and beyond, several car hire operators are at your service.
You won’t have a problem securing a make and model of vehicle that meets all of your requirements – but to help you get started, here’s some background information on two of the most trusted options:
- Enterprise was founded by Jack Taylor in 1957 and named after the aircraft carrier he served on during WWII, the USS Enterprise. It now serves over 8000 locations globally and has adhered to its founding principles of integrity and personal honesty. At Waterloo Station, you can hire anything from a Renault Kangoo to a Toyota Aygo from Enterprise, with packages that usually include features like theft protection and 24 hour assistance as standard.
- Alamo first opened in 1974 in Florida and specialised in serving leisure travellers from the start. During its distinguished history, it has introduced innovations like unlimited free mileage and customised collision damage waiver products. At Waterloo, you can rent vehicles like the Vauxhall Corsa, Ford Focus and Skoda Octavia from Alamo.
Hiring a car at London Waterloo Train Station that perfectly meets your requirements is a breeze with Enjoy Car Hire – simply enter your details in the online form and you’ll have a superb selection of car rental choices in two shakes of a lamb’s tail.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com