London Victoria Station Car Hire
London Victoria Train Station
London Victoria Train Station is the second busiest rail hub in the British capital and it processes over 74 million passengers annually.
Located in the City of Westminster, this is the main connection to Gatwick Airport, while trains to southeast London and Kent are run by Southeastern and commuter services to south London and Sussex are operated by Southern.
The station is named after nearby Victoria street, rather than being directly named after the long-reigning British monarch, and it’s close to London Victoria Coach Station, which connects the capital to the rest of the UK by road.
- London Victoria actually started life as two separate but adjacent stations – the Brighton station, which opened in 1860 and the Chatham station, which opened its doors in 1861.
- A new station which partially amalgamated the two edifices was opened in 1909, but by 1923 Southern Railway had absorbed the various companies which had owned the original hubs and work began in earnest to create one integrated complex.
- With such a central location, hiring a car at London Victoria Train station poses no problems. Here’s some additional information on station facilities and things to do nearby:
- The station opening hours are Monday to Sunday 4AM to 00:45AM. You should call National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50 and 03457 11 41 41 for general station enquiries.
- Ticket machines are situated on the southern and eastern concourses and the ticket office is open at the same times as the general station hours.
- You’ll find baby changing facilities and toilets near platform 2 and on the central concourse.
- There’s step-free access for people with limited mobility at Wilton Road, Terminus Place, Grosvenor Gardens, Victoria Street and Hudson Place.
- Attractions near Victoria Station include Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the London Eye.
Car Hire Operators - London Victoria Train Station
Whatever the size and requirements of you and your travel group, you’ll have no problem renting a car that meets your needs at London Victoria Train Station.
Europcar and Keddy are two of the main players – here’s a little more information about them:
- Europca has 120 locations in the UK and more than 3500 outlets worldwide. Established in 1949, it has a long and illustrious history of providing each car hire customer with the best value possible for their budget and needs. At London Victoria, the types of car you can hire from Europcar include the Vauxhall Corsa, Ford Focus and Volkswagen Passat.
- Keddy is owned by Europcar and is focused on customers who whose priority is securing the most economical car rental deal possible, without compromising on safety and quality. Everything about its operational model is centred on transparency, simplicity and fairness. You can hire cars like the Fiat 500, Vauxhall Corsa or Nissan Qashqai from Keddy at London Victoria.
Car rental at London Victoria Train Station couldn’t be easier than it is with Enjoy Car Hire – enter your dates and details, click ‘search’, then take your pick from the best deals in the capital and beyond.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com