Kennington Car Hire
Find the best deals in London Kennington
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in London Kennington.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Looking for cheap and reliable car hire in London Kennington?
You’ve found it – Enjoy Car Hire can find you the best deals in town in a flash and is Rated Excellent with a 4.7 out of 5 score on Trustpilot.
Located in the Borough of Lambeth in South London, Kennington is just 1.4 miles south of Charing Cross in Inner London and was a royal manor in the Parish of St Mary, Lambeth.
Incorporated into London’s metropolitan area in 1855, this leafy SE11 area is a wonderful place to visit.
The Oval Cricket Ground
Here are some Kennington highlights for you to explore while you’re in town:
Visit the Kia Oval, iconic home of Surrey County Cricket Club and host venue for many major international cricket matches.
- Spend time tree bathing in the lovely Kennington Park – there’s a Grade II-listed area and an extension to the east which was added in the 1960s. Whether you like football, tennis or simply sitting under a tree and enjoying a picnic, this is the place to people watch.
- The Imperial War Museum is always an interesting place to stroll around. It had a major refurbishment in 2014 to spruce it up for the centenary of the start of WW I and you’ll see artefacts from every major conflict – there’s even a Harrier GR9 jump-jet aircraft hanging from the ceiling!
- Beefeater Distillery is a brilliant place for gin fans to visit. This is the oldest gin distillery in London and you can get in the spirit on a self-guided tour with a refreshing G&T included in the ticket price.
- Korean food fans can tuck into tasty dishes like pork and veg mandu dumplings and authentic fried chicken at Jihwaja at 353 Kennington Lane – delicious!
Car Hire Operators - London Kennington
There are several trusted car hire operators at London Kennington who can kick-start your trip with no trouble at all.
Here are some of the most popular choices:
- Europcar is a global operator with decades of experience in the car rental business. At Kennington, they can provide you with a wide choice of models like the Fiat Tipo, Vauxhall Astra and Skoda Octavia Combi. Car hire agreements with Europcar include fantastic features like free cancellation up to 48 hours before your rental period starts and 24 hour assistance.
- Keddy is owned by Europcar and was established to appeal to price-focused csutomers who want the peace of mind that comes with a company backed by a long-established network. Its car hire fleet is broad and deep, including models like the family-friendly Vauxhall Insignia and the chic, compact Fiat 500.
- If you can make the 2 mile journey across to Pimlico, you can by underground 2 stops south on the northern (black) line, change at Stockwell then 2 stops north on the Victoria line (blue) to Pimlico, you'll find Easirent offering a contactless collection system, meaning no queues and no contact, you simply book online and pick up your keys in a locker at the collection point. Easirent tend to offer some of the lower rental car prices of the main brands in London with a Toyota Aygo or similar economy car from as little as £9 a day.
- Just a 10 minute walk north out of Kennington, towards Waterlook area, you'll find Alamo, a well known global brand with prices starting at around £20 a day.
With EnjoyTravel.com, renting a car at London Kennington that meets your needs is easy – simply enter your details, hit ‘search’ and choose the best package in a matter of minutes.
About London Kennington
Kennington is a London district in the Lambeth borough in the south of London, with Waterloo a mile to the north, the Thames running to the west and Westminster just across the river.
Home to the Oval Cricket ground, an international cricket ground, also known as "the Kia Oval", which has been home to Surrey County Cricket Club since it was opened in 1845.
Transport in Kennington
There are numerous underground stations and stops in and around the Kennington area. The Northern Line (black) runs directly through and beneath Kennington, with Kennington Underground Station centrally located on the main Kennington High Street. To the south also on the Northern Line is The Oval underground station, adjacent to the Oval Cricket Ground.
A little further to the west, towards the river is the main underground and overground train station of Vauxhall on the Victoria Line 9blue) connecting with Victoria, Central London and Kings Cross to the north.
Previously known as Kennington Common, Kennington Park was opened in 1854. Prior to 1800 Kennington Common was a site used for public executions, and up to 1724 it was one of the earliest London cricket grounds. The first pleasure gardens were laid out in 1661. To the modern day the park is a popular with joggers, dog walkers, and with locals who want to lay out on the grass and relax in the summer London sun.
Eating Out in Kennington
Being in London, close to the river and iconic London areas like Westminster and Waterloo only a few tube stops away, Kennington as you would expect isn't short of places to eat out.
Here's a few Kennington top options to tantilise your taste buds:
- Kuma Korean & Japanese: This popular and highly rated Japanese restaurant is serving a range of fresh and authentic Japanese and Korean dishes such as Gokubuto noodles with soy, katsuobushi, sesame based sauce topped with bamboo shoots, spring onions, Japanese pickle, nori, egg & with a choice of different meat, prawns and chicken. Address: 305 Kennington Rd, Prince's, London SE11 4QE
- Cocos Bar & Kitchen: An independently owned Bar & Kitchen in the centre of Kennington, Set up in 2018 by Kirk and Nicci Ellis to showcase their love for quality, tasty cuisine and cooking creativity. The modern style menu includes a range of dishes from breakfast, brunch and lunch to dinner as well as cocktails. Check out cocos classic 8oz angus burger or jerk chicken, rice & peas, with cocos signature jerk bbq sauce, or howabout something from the plant based section of the menu like grilled spiced aubergines filled with cashew cream? Address: 238 Kennington Park Road, London SE11 4DA.
- Amici Mediterranean Bar, Grill & Delicatessen: A selection of traditional Mediterranean, easy going environment and indoor and outdoor tables. Address: 205-209 Kennington Ln, Oval, London SE11 5QS.
What to do in Kennington and nearby
Kennington is well-located for easy access to some of London's most classical areas, being just to the south of the Thames river and spanning from the top of South Lambeth in the south to Waterloo in the north, Pimlico to the west and Walworth to the east.
From the Oval or Kennington station, you can hop on the Northern line (black one) and be in central London in 5 or 6 tube stops.
- Northern Line - Get off at Leicester Square and you're surrounded by some of London's most popular shopping and eating areas like Covent Garden, Chinatown and the Westend.
- Victoria Line - Head south on the Northern line for 1 stop, change at Stockwell and you're on the Victoria Line. From here you can access St James Park and Westminster and be in the heart of London's most iconic landmarks such as Big Ben, the House of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and the Palace of Westminster.
- Battersea Park: 2 miles from Kennington, so a pleasant walk or short taxi ride, is Battersea Park, a 200-acre Victorian Park that was built between 1854 and 1870. Features of the park include a riverside promenade, a large lake, childrens zoo, play areas, a band stand, sports facilities, nature areas and unique Peace Pagoda monument.
- London Bridge: Just 3 stops north on the Northern Line is London Bridge, one of London's most famous landmarks and internationally recognised bridges. London Bridge is commonly believed to have evolved from its origin during the Roman Times, when it was original constructed by wood to provide crossing over the Thames. For 600 years during medieval Britain between the 14th to 19th centuries, a stone construction bridge was in its place. This was superceded in the 19th century by a stone arched bridge in the 19th century, and ultimate replaced by a steel and concrete construction which opened to traffic in 1973. The London Bridge area is packed with popular, traditional and modern bars and restaurants.
What to do in Kennington and nearby
● Compare Prices: To get the best car hire deal that suits your budget, compare prices from different car hire companies in Kennington. Look for promotions and special offers that can make car hire cheaper.
● Book in Advance: Planning ahead can save you money when it comes to Kennington car hire. Book your car hire in advance to secure the best rates and availability. Last-minute bookings can often result in higher prices.
● Check for Online Discounts: Many car hire companies offer exclusive online discounts. Take advantage of these deals by booking your car hire online, which can help you find the best car hire deals.
● While searching for cheap car hire, don't compromise on car quality. Read reviews or ask for recommendations to ensure you rent a reliable vehicle that suits your needs.
● Review Insurance Options: When renting a car, check the insurance coverage provided by the car hire company. If needed, consider purchasing extra insurance online to give you peace of mind during your trip.
● Convenient Locations: Find a car hire company with an office conveniently located in or near Kennington. Having an airport office or a branch nearby can save you time and hassle when picking up or returning the car.
● Explore Other London Neighborhoods: With a car at your disposal, you can easily explore other fascinating neighborhoods in London. Consider visiting nearby areas like Westminster, Camden, or Notting Hill during your stay.
● Ensure you have a valid driving license from your home country or an International Driving Permit (IDP) if required. It's essential to have the necessary documents to rent a car.
● Some car hire companies offer unlimited insurance coverage, which can be beneficial if you're planning an extensive road trip. Check if this option is available and consider its value for your specific needs.
● No Hidden Costs: Before finalizing your car hire agreement, carefully review the terms and conditions. Make sure there are no hidden costs or additional fees that could surprise you later. You don't want to end up with twice as much cost. Transparency is key!