Highbury and Islington Car Hire
Find the best deals in Highbury and Islington Train Station
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Highbury and Islington Train Station.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at Highbury and Islington Train Station
Clapham Junction is a major transport hub and railway station in south-west Battersea in the London Borough of Wandsworth. It’s not actually located in Clapham, which is around 1.6km to the east ̶ it’s rumoured that the name choice was originally a marketing ploy to attract a more affluent clientele.
It’s on the Brighton mainline and South Western main line, reasonably close to London Victoria and London Waterloo. Many routes from both of these stations intersect here, meaning between 100 and 180 trains pass through per hour, making Clapham Junction the busiest station in terms of train traffic in Britain and reputedly Europe’s busiest interchange station too.
Clapham Junction first opened in 1863, three railway companies running routes from the south of England to London having collaborated in its construction. The first reconstruction of the station took place in 1873-76 and a second followed in 1904-10, after which it remained largely unchanged except the addition of various shops and offices to make a new entrance on St John’s Hill and a number of additional locomotive sheds, workshops and sidings that emerged over the years to support its growth.
Renting a car at Clapham Junction is simple with Enjoy Car Hire, but here are a few useful tips on station facilities and nearby attractions:
- The station is open Sunday to Thursday from 4:30AM - 1:30AM and 24 hours Friday to Saturday to support the Gatwick Express services.
- Call 0345 6000 650 for general station enquiries and 03457 48 49 50 for ticket enquiries.
- The ticket office is open Monday to Friday 6:15AM - 9:30PM, Saturday 6:15AM – 9:30PM and Sunday 7:15 – 9:30PM.
- Ticket machines can be found by the exits at St John’s Hill, Grant Road and Brighton Yard and there are cash machines at the footbridge at platforms 11/12 and at Subway Level 15/16.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are on the upper level at the Brighton Road exit.
- There are plenty of things to do near Clapham Junction ̶ you can explore Clapham Common’s 220 acres of parkland, ponds and playgrounds, bag a bargain or chill out with a coffee at Northcote Road Market or take in an exhibition or performance at Battersea Arts Centre.
Car Hire Operators - Highbury & Islington Train Station
There are several car hire firms at Highbury & Islington train station but when you book through Enjoy Car Hire you can rest assured that we only work with the most reliable operators.
Here’s some interesting information on a couple of them:
- Green Motion Car and Van Rental has a wide choice of makes and models and with its commitment to offsetting as much of its carbon footprint as possible, it’s a good choice for eco-conscious customers.
- Alamo Rent A Car is an internationally recognised brand that’s built up a brilliant reputation over many years of operation. If you want the reassurance of renting a vehicle from a long-established operator, this is a wise choice.
With Enjoy you can roll out of Highbury & Islington in complete confidence!
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org