Clapham Junction Car Hire
Find the best deals in Clapham Junction Train Station
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Clapham Junction Train Station.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at Clapham Junction Train Station
Clapham Junction is a major transport hub and railway station in south-west Battersea in the London Borough of Wandsworth. It’s not actually located in Clapham, which is around 1.6km to the east ̶ it’s rumoured that the name choice was originally a marketing ploy to attract a more affluent clientele.
It’s on the Brighton mainline and South Western main line, reasonably close to London Victoria and London Waterloo. Many routes from both of these stations intersect here, meaning between 100 and 180 trains pass through per hour, making Clapham Junction the busiest station in terms of train traffic in Britain and reputedly Europe’s busiest interchange station too.
Clapham Junction first opened in 1863, three railway companies running routes from the south of England to London having collaborated in its construction. The first reconstruction of the station took place in 1873-76 and a second followed in 1904-10, after which it remained largely unchanged except the addition of various shops and offices to make a new entrance on St John’s Hill and a number of additional locomotive sheds, workshops and sidings that emerged over the years to support its growth.
Renting a car at Clapham Junction is simple with Enjoy Car Hire, but here are a few useful tips on station facilities and nearby attractions:
- The station is open Sunday to Thursday from 4:30AM - 1:30AM and 24 hours Friday to Saturday to support the Gatwick Express services.
- Call 0345 6000 650 for general station enquiries and 03457 48 49 50 for ticket enquiries.
- The ticket office is open Monday to Friday 6:15AM - 9:30PM, Saturday 6:15AM – 9:30PM and Sunday 7:15 – 9:30PM.
- Ticket machines can be found by the exits at St John’s Hill, Grant Road and Brighton Yard and there are cash machines at the footbridge at platforms 11/12 and at Subway Level 15/16.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are on the upper level at the Brighton Road exit.
- There are plenty of things to do near Clapham Junction ̶ you can explore Clapham Common’s 220 acres of parkland, ponds and playgrounds, bag a bargain or chill out with a coffee at Northcote Road Market or take in an exhibition or performance at Battersea Arts Centre.
Car Hire Operators - Clapham Junction Train Station
Enjoy only works with trusted car rental partners at Clapham Junction train station ̶ here’s some more background information on a couple of them:
- Green Motion Car and Van Rental was established in 2007 to offer an eco-friendly car hire option in international markets. The firm operates various initiatives to offset the carbon footprints of its fleet and this is an excellent choice for the environmentally conscious customer.
- Hertz is one of the world’s biggest car hire operators and operates 10,200 franchises in 145 countries and across 6 continents globally. The firm has been in business since 1918, so if you want a tried and tested car hire option, it doesn’t get much better than Hertz.
With Enjoy Car Hire, you can hit the road in Clapham Junction for adventures all over London and beyond.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org