Charing Cross Car Hire
Find the best deals in London Charing Cross Station
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in London Charing Cross Station.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at London Charing Cross Station
Central London train station Charing Cross is located between the Strand and Hungerford Bridge in the City of Westminster. It’s connected to Charing Cross Underground Station, the terminus of the South Eastern main line to Dover, and London’s most central train station.
According to the latest Office of Rail and Road (ORR) statistics, Charing Cross is the 10th-busiest station in the UK, processing 34,645,924 passengers per annum.
The plan for Charing Cross Station was approved by the government in 1859 in order to extend South Eastern Railway’s line from London Bridge over the Thames to a location between Waterloo Bridge and Westminster Bridge. Construction on the station, designed by Sir John Hawkshaw, started in 1862 and finished when it opened in 1864. The stunning station façade was provided by the Charing Cross Hotel, its French Renaissance style being the vision of Edward Middleton Barry. Sir John Hawkshaw also designed the Hungerford Bridge to carry the tracks over the Thames into the station and a pre-existing bridge designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel had to be demolished to make way for it. Most recently, Terry Farrell and Partners completed a major redevelopment of the station in 1990s which used the air space above the platforms to create Embankment Place, a distinctive office complex which has now become a landmark in its own right.
Enjoy makes hiring a car at London Charing Cross Station simple and the following facts on facilities, amenities and attractions near the station might prove useful when you’re in the vicinity:
- The ticket office is open Monday to Saturday 4:30AM – 00:50AM and Sunday 6:45AM – 00:46AM and there are ticket machines next to the ticket office.
- Call National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50 for tickets, train timetables and the latest information.
- There are male and female public toilets between Caffe Nero and Boots and baby changing and accessible toilets between Whistle Stop and M&S in the central exit to The Strand.
- There are several interesting things to do near Charing Cross before you hit the road ̶ if you’re a history buff you’ll love visiting the Benjamin Franklin House at 36 Craven Street, where the US founding father lived between 1757 – 1775, the Covent Garden Comedy Club is always good for a chortle and Somerset House Ice Rink is stunning during the festive season.
Car Hire Operators - London Charing Cross Station
Enjoy works with top-rated car hire operators at Charing Cross Station, so you can be confident you’re choosing a reliable vehicle that’s perfectly suited to your needs. Here’s some information on a couple of our key partners:
- Alamo Rent A Car opened its first locations in Florida in 1974 and it’s since grown into a global business with a presence in practically every market. With a huge choice of makes and models, this is a firm trusted around the world.
- Enterprise has 600,000 rental cars worldwide and an unwavering commitment to customer service ̶ it’s a top pick for peace of mind.
Hop in your Enjoy car at Charing Cross and discover all of London’s delights.
With Enjoy, you can get behind the wheel in Stratford and start your engine for your UK adventure!