London Cannon Street Car Hire
Find the best deals in London Cannon Street
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in London Cannon Street.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at London Cannon Street Station
London Cannon Street is a railway terminus and connected London Underground station on Cannon Street in the City of London. The station is in Travelcard Zone 1 and, along with Charing Cross, it’s one of the South Eastern main line’s two termini in the capital.
The Cannon Street Underground station is on the Circle and District lines and it’s mainly used by commuters in Kent and south east London. According to the latest Office of Rail and Road (ORR) statistics, the station at large has 20,614,904 entries and exits annually and is the 22nd-busiest station in the UK.
Cannon Street Railway Station was opened by South Eastern Railway in 1866 and the design by JW Barry and Sir John Hawkshaw featured two distinctive Wren-style towers which faced onto the River Thames and supported a train shed that was 700-ft long and topped by a huge semi-circular iron and steel arch. The station’s first major renovation occurred in the late 1950s and was roundly criticised for being an eyesore, but this was replaced in 2007 by the more attractive metal and glass mixed-use development we know today.
You can easily hire a car from Enjoy at London Cannon street and roll out for adventures across the capital ̶ read on for information on facilities and amenities in the station, as well as nearby attractions:
Some useful information for London Cannon Street
The station is open Monday to Friday 4:30AM to 1:02AM, Saturday 5AM-1:02AM and Sunday 7AM-1:02AM.
- Call 03457 48 49 50 for tickets and travel information and 03457 11 41 41 for general station enquiries.
- The ticket office is open Monday to Friday 7:15AM - 7:40PM and closed at weekends, but there are ticket machines on the concourse.
- There are toilets, baby changing facilities and accessible toilet facilities next to the ticket office.
- In terms of station accessibility, there’s step-free access via the central entrance on Cannon Street and wheelchairs are available to use with help from staff.
- Shops and food outlets at the station include Caffe Nero, Paperchase and WH Smith.
- Attractions near Cannon Street include the Bank of England museum, where you can hold a real gold bar, to Sir Francis Drake’s ship The Golden Hind, which was only the second shup to circumnavigate the Earth between 1577-80, and the iconic Lloyds bank building is a few minutes’ stroll away too.
Car Hire Operators - London Cannon Street Station
Enjoy can provide you with a wide range of car hire operator options at Cannon Street ̶ here’s some more information on a couple of your choices:
- Alamo Rent A Car was founded in 1974, when it opened its first few outlets in Florida and it now operates in every market in the world. If you’re looking for a time-tested car hire operator, you’ve found it!
- Enterprise has a huge fleet of 600,000 cars worldwide and despite its huge size, it’s never lost sight of providing premium customer service. You’re in safe hands with this long-established company.
Exit London Cannon Street And Enter Your UK Adventure With A Cracking Car From Enjoy