Barnet Car Hire
Find the best car hire deals in Barnet
Compare car hire from Hertz, Budget, Avis, Europcar, Easirent, Green Motion, Alamo, National and more
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Compare all the offers and get the best deal
- Book online and save up to 70%
Compare Barnet Car Hire, find the best deal and book online
Situated on the edge of the Hertfordshire countryside, Barnet offers the best of both worlds – close proximity to the vibrancy of central London as well as the serenity of the countryside. This charming North London town falls within the Borough of Barnet and is especially popular among families with children due to lots of open green spaces and top schools being located here. You can book your Barnet car hire with Enjoy Travel.
Overview of Barnet
Weather in Barnet
Much like the rest of London, Barnet experiences a temperate oceanic climate. It sees cold and dry winters between December and February with an average temperature of 45°F (7°C); and warm summers between June and September with an average temperature of 18°C (64°F). It also experiences consistent precipitation throughout the year. Very occasionally, there are extreme weather conditions like thunderstorms and tornadoes.
Best time to visit
Head there during the summer time (June – August) to make the most of Barnet’s parks and gardens.
Top Tips when hiring a car in Barnet
● When planning your next trip, consider car hire as an option for maximum flexibility. You can also explore van hire services if you need more space for your belongings.
● Convenient Airport Locations: Many car rental companies have convenient airport locations, making it easy to pick up and drop off your rental vehicle when arriving or departing from nearby airports.
● Explore Nearby Locations: With car hire, you have the freedom to explore nearby locations outside of Barnet, giving you the opportunity to discover more during your trip.
● Minimum Age and Requirements: Keep in mind that car rental companies often have a minimum age requirement for renting a vehicle. Check the specific age limit before making your reservation.
● Fuel Level Consideration: Before returning the car, make sure to check the fuel level and refill as necessary to avoid extra charges for refueling.
● Variety of Vehicles: Car rental agencies offer a range of vehicles, from small cars to people carriers. Choose the vehicle that suits your needs and the size of your group.
● Insurance Coverage: Look into insurance options when renting a car. Some rental packages include insurance coverage, providing you with added peace of mind during your trip.
● Online Booking: To get the best prices and access to a variety of vehicles, consider booking your car hire in Barnet through the company's website.
● Customer Reviews: Before making your reservation, check customer reviews and ratings of the car hire company to ensure a positive rental experience.
● Fuel Costs: While comparing prices, factor in potential fuel costs to get a clear understanding of the total cost of your rental.
● Access to London: With Barnet's proximity to London, renting a car can give you easy access to the city's attractions while avoiding the hassle of public transportation.
● In Barnet, rent a car offers not only the convenience of a central location but also the flexibility to pay for your vehicle, making it an excellent alternative to traditional car sharing services.
What things are there to do in Barnet?
Indulge in a friendly game of mini golf
Due to the expansive green spaces in Barnet, there are, unsurprisingly, golf courses abound. Some of the most popular golfers’ destinations include the Shire, North London Golf Course, and Metro Golf Center. For those looking for something more exciting and alternative, check out Dinosaur Safari Adventure Golf for some family-friendly fun or corporate team bonding as you race against dinosaurs to score a birdie or maybe even a bogey.
Belmont Children’s Farm
For a fun outing with the little ones, head to Belmont Children’s Farm. They offer educational and entertaining tours that teach children about farm life. In addition to common farm animals like cows and ponies, they also have rarer species like exotic lovebirds and alpaca. Children can learn where their food comes from, go on tractor rides, and pet bunnies. Although Belmont Children’s Farm is primarily marketed towards kids, it’s guaranteed to be a good day trip for everyone, regardless of age.
Eating out in Barnet
With hundreds of positive reviews and a fully packed reservation schedule – even on weekdays – Taste of Nawab serves up rich feasts fit for a royal (‘nawab’ roughly translates to ‘king’). For a proper British pint, head to The Green Dragon, a multi-award winning food pub in Barnet. Their constantly changing menu reflects what is in season. Pair their excellent BBQs or roast dinners with a pint or two of their handcrafted ales. If you’re in the mood to try someplace quirky and unexpected, make a beeline to The Gate and ask for their steak and ale pie.
Getting about in Barnet
Getting around Barnet
Public transit in London is provided by Transport for London (TfL). The main tube station is High Barnet. You can also hire Santander bikes from one of the many docking stations in Barnet. If you prefer to drive, book your car hire in advance with Enjoy Travel For the best weekend deals.
Hire a car in Barnet
In Barnet itself there is an Enterprise Rent-A-Car on St Albans Rd with prices starting from around £20 a day for an economy small car.
Car parking in Barnet
There are numerous on-street parking spaces with pay and display meters, such as Brunswick Park Road Car Park, Church Hill Road Car Park, and East Barnet Road Car Park. Check out the full list on the Barnet Council website www.barnet.gov.uk.