Glasgow Central Car Hire
Glasgow Central Car Hire
Glasgow Central Station
Glasgow Central Railway Station is the main hub for inter-city services between Glasgow and England and the terminus of the West Coast Main Line.
Used by 38 million passengers annually, it’s Britain’s 12th-busiest station and it’s housed in a Category A Listed Building.
First opened by Caledonian Railway in 1879, it originally had eight platforms and was constructed over the site of Grahamston village. It underwent several ad hoc extensions until 1900 when it was deemed far too small to cope with the 23 million passengers who were using it annually even back then. So between 1901 and 1905, the station was completely rebuilt, with thirteen new platforms and an additional eight track bridge constructed over the Clyde.
‘The Hielanman’s Umbrella’ is an expansive glass fronted bridge that connects two parts of the station across Argyll Street and it’s an iconic Glasgow landmark. The name stems from the legend that when people from the Highlands first visited the city, they’d shelter from the inclement weather here before making their way into the city proper and subsequently, it became an informal meeting place for them to meet and share stories once they were settled in the big smoke.
Renting a car at Glasgow Central Train Station is child’s play with Enjoy Car Hire, but you might appreciate the following information on station facilities and nearby attractions:
- The station is open from 4AM – 00:30AM Monday-Friday and 7AM – 00:30AM Sundays.
- Call 03457 11 41 41 for general station enquiries and 03457 48 49 50 for ticket enquiries.
- There are ticket machines located throughout the station.
- There are male and female toilets situated downstairs next to the Union Street exit, and an accessible toilet and baby changing facility inside the Gordon Street entrance. Male, female and accessible showers are also available for a small fee.
- There are lots of great things to see near Central Station, including Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, Tennents Wellpark brewery and the Riverside Museum of Transport and Travel.
Car Hire Operators - Glasgow Central Train Station
Enjoy Car Hire partners with several trusted car hire operators at Glasgow Central and you’ll always find a comfortable, well-maintained car to satisfy your requirements. Here’s some further information on two of them, Keddy and Easirent.
- Keddy was set up by parent company Europcar in 2015 to provide price-focused customers with a simpler offer. If you want quality vehicles and excellent customer service, combined with cheap prices and the peace of mind that comes with backing from a multinational operator, Keddy is sure to satisfy.
- Easirent is a British-owned car hire company launched in 1999 and it now has a presence in the US too. With a focus on great cars and low prices, car hire packages at Glasgow Central from this provider usually include features like third party liability and 24 hour assistance.
When you exit Glasgow Central Railway Station in your comfy Enjoy Car Hire rental car, the electric energy of Scotland’s biggest city awaits and the rest of Scotland is ready to welcome you with open arms!
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com