Waverley Car Hire
Find the best deals in Edinburgh Waverley
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Edinburgh Waverley.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Car hire in Edinburgh Waverley
Edinburgh Waverley Train Station is situated close to Princes Street, the main thoroughfare in the heart of Scotland’s capital.
Arrive in scenic Scotland
Set against the backdrop of Arthur’s Seat, Salisbury Crags and the volcanic Edinburgh Castle Rock, and bordered by Princes Street Gardens and the Scott Monument, it’s nestled between the Old Town and New Town in one of the world’s most scenic spots.
History of the station
First opened in 1846 and rebuilt between 1892 and 1902, Edinburgh Waverley connects to every major station in Scotland and offers regular services to London as well as other cities elsewhere in the rest of the UK.
With 1.605 million annual interchanges, it’s a bustling station which has undergone a £130 million investment programme to futureproof it for the demands of 21st Century travellers.
- Arranging car rental at Edinburgh Waverley is fast and convenient – but before you book, it’s worthwhile taking note of the station’s features, facilities and nearby attractions:
- The station is open Monday-Friday from 4AM to 0:45AM and on Sunday from 6AM to 0:45AM.
- There’s no British Transport Police station at Edinburgh Waverley but you should call 0800 40 50 40 for 24hrs assistance, text 61016 or call 999 in all cases of emergency.
- The customer information point is found at the main concourse opposite the departure boards and you’ll find the Mobility Assistance Room opposite Platform 4.
- There are lots of world-class tourist attractions near Edinburgh Waverley, including the National Gallery of Scotland, Mary King’s Close, the Royal Mile and the Museum of Childhood.
- The station features a busy bar, Burger King and Marks & Spencer food outlet. It’s also adjacent to Waverley Mall, which offers a host of eclectic retail experiences for visitors.
Car Hire Operators - Edinburgh Waverley Train Station
There are several car hire operators available at Edinburgh Waverley Train Station and each of them can offer a rental vehicle that’s ideally suited to meet your unique demands.
To provide peace of mind, here’s some information on two trusted companies you can choose, Green Motion Car and Van Rental and Europcar:
- Green Motion is a UK-founded company which was established in 2007 with an environmentally-friendly outlook and is now acknowledged as a globally leading brand in the lower CO2 car rental sector. It serves locations in the UK, mainland Europe, the Middle East, the US and the Caribbean. At Edinburgh Waverley, Green Motion can offer you car rental models like the Peugeot 108, Volkswagen Polo, Honda Civic or Volvo V40.
- Europcar has a proud history in the car rental sector that stretches back to its foundation in Paris in 1949. It has scaled globally in the intervening years, participating in several partnerships and enjoying close commercial relationships with car manufacturers like Renault and Volkswagen. At Edinburgh Waverley Train Station, Europcar’s suite of vehicles includes popular models like the Ford Focus Wagon, Nissan Qashqai, Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia.
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org