Lisbon Apolónia Car Hire
Find the best deals in Lisbon Apolónia Station
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Lisbon Apolónia Station.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at Lisbon Apolónia Station
>Need to hire a car at Lisbon Santa Apolónia Train Station? You can choose your ideal vehicle from a range of renowned car rental partners at Enjoytravel.com and with our hassle-free service everything’s organised in a couple of clicks ̶ leaving you nothing to do but hop in your ride on arrival and hit the road in the Portuguese capital.
Hire a car at Santa Apolónia station and you’re in striking distance of popular Lisbon tourist districts like Chiado, Alfama and Baixa, the beautiful beaches that surround the city, and numerous attractions a little further afield.
Located east of the city centre between the hills of Alfama and the Tejo estuary, the station is Lisbon’s oldest and was opened in 1865. Built on the site of an old convent and designed in the Neoclassical style, it was originally envisaged that Santa Apolónia would be the final rail stop connecting mainland Europe to America via cruise liners which would dock at a nearby wharf. As it transpired, it never fulfilled that function, although Lisbon does have deep docks which now regularly welcome cruise ships bound for the Mediterranean circuit. Here are some useful facts on the station and attractions you can roll out to nearby:
- This is the main departure station for all international rail routes and it’s around 1.5km away from Lisbon city centre. The two international train services are the Lusitania Comboio Hotel and Sud Expresso night trains, which are bound for Madrid and Hendaye in northeast Spain respectively, with the Sud Expresso connecting onwards with the high-speed French TGV network.
- The Santa Apolónia Metro Station sits below the overground station and it’s on the city’s blue metro line.
- The ticket office is open from 6am to 945pm.
- There’s a small supermarket and bar in Santa Apolónia Train Station and nearby Alfama offers a range or shops, bars and cafes.
- This is an accessible station with lifts, ramps and adapted toilets for passengers with limited mobility. You’ll also find a waiting room, public phones and ATM machines to draw cash.
- Sintra is 28km roughly northwest of Lisbon along the A37 road and you can reach there in around a half hour. Here you can see the fabled Pena Palace, the fascinating Castle of the Moors and the elegant Monserrate Palace.
- You can drive from Lisbon to popular destinations in the north of Portugal, such as Porto, Braga, Aveiro, Coimbra, and Guimarã
Car Hire Operators at Lisbon Apolónia Train Station
At Apolónia station Enjoy Travel works with excellent car hire operators like SurPrice, Dollar, Global and Alamo ̶ so whichever deal you choose, you can be confident that the package is robust and reliable.
With a wide fleet of vehicles on offer, you can explore Lisbon and beyond in anything from an economy elite Seat Ibiza to a roomy Peugeot 308 Station Wagon.
At Enjoytravel.com you can hire a car at Lisbon Apolónia Train Station with ease and the stunning scenery in and around Portugal’s capital awaits!
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org