Lisbon Rossio Car Hire
Find the best deals in Lisbon Rossio Station
With a massive choice from the biggest brands, Enjoy the best way to find the best prices for car hire in Lisbon Rossio Station.
- Huge choice of cars to suit every budget
- Save up to 70% compared to buying on the day
- 10 years experience in car hire
Compare Car Hire at Lisbon Rossio Station
Want to hire a car at Lisbon Rossio Train Station? You’ve landed in exactly the right place ̶ at Enjoy Travel we can offer you a huge choice of vehicles to suit your taste, requirements and itinerary, all sourced from reliable local and international Lisbon car rental companies.
Choosing your car is easy and you can complete your transaction in a couple of clicks, safe in the knowledge that it’ll be ready and waiting for you when you roll into Rossio railway station. Get behind the wheel here and the Baixa district of central Lisbon is on your doorstep, with superb scenic attractions outside the city also in striking distance.
The main rail connection to the stunning region of Sintra with its picturesque palaces and villas, Rossio station is also a breath-taking building in its own right. Completed in 1888 and designed by architect Jose Luis Monteiro, it has a marvellous Neo-Manueline façade with two grand interlinked horseshoe portals serving as the main entrance, and an intricately carved, castellated roof topped by a clocktower turret. Furthermore, trains access the station via a 2600m long tunnel, which was an impressive feat of engineering in its day. Here are a few useful facts on the station and nearby attractions:
- There was originally a statue of Sebastian of Portugal on a plinth between the two grand entrance portals, but unfortunately it was accidentally destroyed by a tourist who climbed on it in 2016.
- Rossio Square has been described as one of Europe’s most beautiful, and there’s something delightful to see at every turn. The Portuguese tiles on the pavement create a unique optical illusion that makes the surface look undulating and uneven but in reality, it’s entirely smooth and flat, and there’s a massive Baroque fountain illuminated in the evening, as well as the 19th Century National Theatre of Dona Maria II at one end. The square’s main landmark is the column of Pedro IV and it’s fringed by charming cafes, bars and hotels ̶ people watching at the awesome Art Deco Café Nicola is thoroughly recommended!
- Rossio Train Station is accessible for passengers with disabilities and support staff are on hand to provide assistance. You’ll find ample WCs, ATMs, shops, a bar and a left luggage facility.
- Palácio Nacional de Queluz is about 15km northwest of Lisbon and this salubrious palace was constructed between 1747 and 1794 for King Pedro and Queen Maria I. Stunning inside and out, it’s also surrounded by fabulous formal gardens featuring fountains, topiary and statuary from English master John Cheere.
Car Hire Operators - Lisbon Rossio Train Station
With plenty of low-cost, high-quality car hire deals from partners like SurPrice, Global, Alamo and Dollar, your only problem will be choosing which Rossio station car rental deal to opt for.
As you’d expect, the choice of vehicles is vast ̶ you’ll find everything from a compact and bijou Renault Twingo to a roomy 9-seater Nissan NV300, so you can explore legendary Lisbon in a car that’s the perfect fit!
Got a Question? Chat with our UK support team
Online chat help is open 08:30am to 17:00 weekdays. Email: email@example.com